How to read Gmail in Yahoo mail
Gmail allows you to configure your email clients like Outlook or web email client or
mobile email client. Before configuring third party email client you have to configure your
Gmail settings. This post describes various settings of Gmail.
After login to Gmail click on setting icon (gear wheel) found at top right corner as shown in
You can see default General settings tab.
1. Click on tab Forwarding and POP/IMAP link.
2. Inside the forwarding section you can select Forward a copy of incoming email to
your yahoo email and select appropriate options whether to keep copy in side Gmail after
forwarding or not.
3. You can forward incoming email to other email addresses of Hotmail or your personal email
Gmail pop email settings for outlook
Before configuring your Outlook email settings for Gmail, you need to configure
POP email settings of Gmail as shown in below image.
1. Click on Enable POP for all mail to download all emails of Gmail.
2. Click on Enable POP for mail that arrives from now onwards.
(Note: option 2 will not download your old emails to outlook)
3. Disable POP to disallow Gmail emails from accessed by Email Clients.
4. Take appropriate actions when message are accessed with POP.
You can keep the copy at Gmail email server or Delete.
5. Configure your outllok POP and SMTP address and ports.
Outlook 2007 - Gmail Help
Gmail POP and SMTP settings
Gmail uses secure layer for sending and receiving emails
1. For Reading email it uses
POP server address pop.gmail.com port number 995
2. For sending email it uses
SMTP server address smtp.gmail.com port nuber 587